Credit Union Events
2018 Back to School Loans Spirit Week!
This year’s Back to School Loans promotion period will include a Spirit Week! We’ll announce each day’s theme the night prior on our Facebook page, and invite members to participate and join us in the credit union for fun prizes!
- Mismatch Monday – Clothes don’t match? Perfect! Show up in your most mismatch outfit and you’ll get a prize! Coach and Lauren with Electric 102.7 will be joining us for mismatched fun!
- Stash Your Cash Tuesday – Have a sweet stash? All stashes (real or fake) are welcome to the credit union for a prize! Also, any member who makes a deposit into their savings account this day also earns a prize!
- Decade Wednesday – Wear attire from your favorite decade/era and take us back in time at the credit union for a prize!
- Back to School Drive with Enterprise Thursday – Dress head-to-toe in green and bring in some school supplies for our Back to School supply drive being held in coordination with Enterprise Car Sales and you’ll take home a prize for your donation!
- School Spirit Friday – Show us your pride in the credit union by wearing your favorite school spirit shirt! All members who visit us in the credit union this day will receive a prize!
2018 Youth Month
Every child dreams about their future. Some of those dreams may require money to come true. How do you help your children achieve their dreams? One way is to help them learn how to save their money! With this year’s National Credit Union Youth Month, MCWV encouraged young credit union members to picture themselves in the future and develop good financial habits.
Every member under the age of 18 who made a deposit into their MCWV account(s) during the month of April earned a spin on the Wheel of Future Fun! Those deposits, as well as any deposit made into a youth account by a parent or guardian, earned an entry into a drawing for a chance to win one $100 deposit to be made by MCWV.
Congrats to 2018 Youth Month winner Owen Fisher!
This year’s theme was “The Science of Saving,” showcasing fun, sci-fi-inspired characters. Science has proven that if you start with small goals, saving your money can become a regular habit. We hope this year’s Youth Month inspired children to begin saving the money they earn so they can attain their dreams of a happy future.
76th Annual Meeting
The 76th Members Choice WV FCU’s Annual Meeting was held on Friday, March 23, 2018. We had a great time with a photo booth, a great dinner, our business meeting and over $4,000 in cash prizes for our members!
Credit unions are owned and controlled by their members, which means “one member, one vote”. We hold an Annual Meeting every year for our members to exercise their democratic member control when an election is held for our volunteer Board of Directors. The Annual Meeting is also an opportunity to learn about financial standings, and to address any concerns or questions you may have, of your credit union.
Plan on attending our 77th Annual Meeting next year!
KVC of WVCUL’s 9th Annual Golf Tournament
Saturday, August 26th marked the Kanawha Valley Chapter of the WVCUL’s 9th Annual Golf Tournament for Make-A-Wish Greater PA and WV where we raised a record amount of nearly $7,000!! We enjoyed our first year hosting at the awesome Edgewood Country Club. We were graced by Make-A-Wish Kid Bentley and his family who made the first putt!
Special thank you to all the sponsors, including CUNA Mutual Group, and for the donations that made the event possible! Special thanks from MCWV to Netranom Communications, Jonathan Clark with Gravely Polaris of Dunbar, Western & Southern Life Insurance Agents Matt, Charlie and Rose, WOWK, East Coast Tees, Enterprise Car Sales, Garlow Insurance Agency, Tek/25, Wickline Insurance, West Virginia State Parks, The Resort at Glade Springs, Stonewall Jackson Resort, The Greenbrier Resort, Tri-County YMCA, West Virginia Power Baseball, FireSide Grille, Capitol Market, Holl’s Chocolates, Fresh Seafood Co. Market and Piggly Wiggly of Spring Street.