2020 Youth Month – Download a Coloring Page!
Providing financial education embodies the credit union movement’s ‘people-helping-people’ philosophy. The theme for this year’s Youth Month is “Money Magic. Share, Spend and Save at Your Credit Union”. With the help of five fun friends, we encouraged our youngest members to learn common financial concepts kids should understand:
Due to the special circumstances we all faced in April 2020, we are offered members under the age of 18 a fun and different type of opportunity to earn entries for a chance of one $100.00 prize from MCWV, and another $100.00 prize from CUNA*! Each qualifying member who submitted a video response(s) to our list of Youth Month questions during the month of April earned entries!
Congrats to 2020 Youth Month winner Will Lonsinger!
- Saving – Penny the piggy bank pig is dreaming of the future. What future plans do you have that you would like to start saving for now?
- Spending – Pinky the flamingo seizes the day and celebrates life by treating themself from time to time. If you had to make a list of all the things you want, what would be the one thing you were certain you would want to spend your money on?
- Sharing – Hope the unicorn spreads joy by helping others. Imagine setting aside an amount of money you can afford to share. What opportunities would you use that money on to bring hope and joy to others?
- Investing – Benny the bear thinks about their future and invests in their credit union. Do you know how to earn interest on your savings?
- Budgeting – Prudence the penguin pays their bills and keeps a fine spreadsheet of needed expenses. Where could you keep a list of all your expenses to keep track of where you can share, spend and save?
2019 Youth Month
The Future Is Yours: Picture it! Save for it! Share it! #CUYouthMonth
Dreaming of our ideal future delights and inspires us. Children, with their fertile imaginations, are particularly good at dreaming. But to make dreams come true, you need to have clear goals and, very likely, save some money to make them happen. Credit unions can help their members on both counts.
Our theme for Youth Month this April, was “The Future is Yours: Picture it! Save for it! Share it!” We encourage all members, particularly our youngest, to write down their dreams, create vision boards, and encourage each other. These activities will help lay the groundwork for their future success.
Every member under the age of 18 who performed a deposit in their MCWVFCU account(s), as well as any deposit made into a youth account by a parent/guardian or joint owner, during the month of April was able to submit an entry for a chance to win one (1) $100.00 deposit to be made by MCWVFCU, and one (1) $1,000.00 grand prize from CUNA.
Congrats to 2019 Youth Month winner Mackayla Thompson!
2018 Youth Month
Every child dreams about their future. Some of those dreams may require money to come true. How do you help your children achieve their dreams? One way is to help them learn how to save their money! With this year’s National Credit Union Youth Month, MCWV encouraged young credit union members to picture themselves in the future and develop good financial habits.
Every member under the age of 18 who made a deposit into their MCWV account(s) during the month of April earned a spin on the Wheel of Future Fun! Those deposits, as well as any deposit made into a youth account by a parent or guardian, earned an entry into a drawing for a chance to win one $100 deposit to be made by MCWV.
Congrats to 2018 Youth Month winner Owen Fisher!
This year’s theme was “The Science of Saving,” showcasing fun, sci-fi-inspired characters. Science has proven that if you start with small goals, saving your money can become a regular habit. We hope this year’s Youth Month inspired children to begin saving the money they earn so they can attain their dreams of a happy future.